Tuesday 15 July 2008

Duran Duran concert…

I was told that there was going to be a concert of Duran Duran in Vienna. I was shocked and I felt I want to go there. The tickets seemed to be quite normal for this kind of a concert , 36 euros, besides when I looked up I couldn’t find another more appealing concert during our stay in Vienna, though afterwards I found out that there will be a concert of Lenny Kravitz too.

So the day came and I went out. I was alone as other guys didn’t find Duran Duran worth spending this much. Didi was with his friends, who were quite familiar with Duran music. The place called Gasometer was initially a place where there used to be a gaz station, but now students stay there. It was a big round red building. We entered and as it was early decided to take some drinks. It was only me to drink a beer. We were surrounded by people mostly 30 and more. I was one of the youngest. There weren’t much people but those who were, were real fans of Duran Duran. THEY WERE THE FIRST BRITISH BIG BAND I WAS GOING TO SEE! So we drank and talked a little bit about music and concerts that Didi and his friends had gone to. After a while I started to hear music coming from inside and we went there. First I felt the drums all over my stomach and feet because of the loud music and saw a big splash of light around. Then I saw them standing on the stage in pink and black

colors. I couldn’t believe I was really there. The hall had standing places and places to sit in behind. The concert started form some song I didn’t know but which I liked. And there were mostly new songs in the beginning, from which I especially liked Falling down. I felt very sorry for not downloading all the famous songs to be knowing them and singing with others. But though they were first time to be heard by me I liked most of them .I thought they are a really great band and maybe could have reached more? Or maybe now they worth more than they get. They had really skilled musicians and everything was of a very high quality. There were people in front who came to Vienna from Czech Republic, Croatia for their concert. Then the first part was over. After a break they came back with electronic staff and started to play electronic dance music which I didn’t like much. And then the third part started with coming back to normal style. They started to play really famous and old songs which were all very great but then… I heard these very dear sounds for me of the “Ordinary world”! At last something I know and love so much! It was such a moment when I was singing this song and there was so much harmony in me and satisfaction!

Then they played some cool songs like Rio, Reach up for the sunrise and finished the concert with a great rocky song! The concert lasted 3 hours.

So this was my first ever big concert which was so great...!

No comments: